Friday, September 11, 2009

Snakes off a Plane


They got me on a bike. An actual bike, with speeds and hand brakes and everything. The seat wouldn't lower, I'm too high up, only my toes can touch the ground if I lean. What if I fall? What if I can't stop fast enough? What if there's a bump and I need to steady myself using my feet? This isn't going to work. How did I get roped into this anyhow? Bicycles definitely were not in the camp counselor job description... Whatever, it is what it is. Try not to get hurt. Enjoy yourself.

This isn't so bad as long as I keep pedaling.... Hey what's that on the path up ahead? Rope? a belt? a snake? I'd better slow down to what it is in case it is a snake...

Pedal slower, pedal slower, apply brakes. MAINTAIN BALANCE. MAINTain balance. Dismount. Phew. Now what is that?
Inch forward, inch forward. Oh My God! It is a snake!!! Flee!! wait, it's not moving... Maybe it's dead? Is it dead?
bump.
*Spring, Hiss, Chomp!*
SCREAM, spaz, roll forward, squish.
oh, ew, did I kill it? no, I just hurt it.... should I hit it again?




No comments:

Post a Comment