Sunday, September 27, 2009
Church description
The sun is just beginning to peek over the horizon and I'm already up and out at church. I sit down in the stiff pews. It is impossible to get comfortable here. The priest drones on and on, people are rising and sittting like an atomaton. My head begins to nod, my eyelids feel like sacks of bricks, my breathing is slow. Then my sister hits me in my shoulder and tells me to stand up. The priest continues to speak. I stopped listening a while ago. The windows with wooden supports criss-crossing through them begin to leak golden sunlight. Then everyone is standing up, getting into lines. We move forward step by step towards the front of the aisle. Before I know it I'm back in the hard pew. Music is playing melodious notes with a 30 person choir singing to it. I try to focus on the music but soon my head starts to fall. Finally it ends, I stand up and hear the priest say a final blessing the audience responds in unison like a robot. Then we file out in crowds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment