Saturday, September 26, 2009
Describe your first day of school.
My stomach began to flip as my mom pulled up to the entrance. My older sister kept telling me it would be okay. I took heavy, hesitant steps up the stairs dreading entering the larger than life building. My sister took me to the cafeteria as my mind wandered to the voice on the answering machine last night. A lady with a monotoned, deep voice informed me that my schedule completely changed and to pick it up in the morning. To her it might not have seemed like a big deal, but to me it was devastating! No longer did I know the correct route and galls to turn in, not even including the nervous rush of kids flowing out of the classrooms. Worst of all, I knew no one in my classes now. I snap out of this thought as I step up to the lady at the table, where somewhere my schedule was buried in the pile. The schedule was filled with foreign names and class numbers. My sister sat me down as I was on the edge of panic. She wrote down turn by turn directions for me, which to me seemed like my life line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment