Sunday, September 13, 2009

Scary Picture


My mom steps out of the garage door as I listen to her turn on the car as she backs out the driveway. Silence filled my house now that I'm home alone. It is now getting dark out so I walk in to my kitchen to close the blinds. A creaking noise just came from upstairs. My body becomes tense as I stop what I'm doing to try to listen, all I hear is silence. Since silence is only making things worse, I decide to turn on the t.v.. I hear another creak, I reasure myself that it's nothing as I turn up the volume. I heard it again. Now my heart began to thump as I muted the t.v.. It sounded as if someone was walking thorugh our up stairs hallway. I got up off the couch and turned a corner anticipating someone to be there. Thankfully, no one was there as i ran to grab the phone as my only lifeline left to call for help. I could hear footsteps down my staircase and instinct kicked in as I grab a knife from the kitchen for defense. I crouched under my kitchen's island to make sure I wouldn't be seen. The noise came closer and around the island came my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment