Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Other Side

I've always been scared of seeing something that was not there. So when my uncle stepped out of the eleveator at the very second the door was about close and waved goodbye at me, I began to go mad. Scenes of scary movies began to roll in my head. When the door closes, I was sure there was going to be someone else on the other side of the lift, painted on the mirrored door, although I was clearly alone in the elevator. I began to imagine the image getting bigger and bigger obviuosly coming closer to me. It will push itself out of the reflection as if it had once been stuck to the mirrored door. It will walk slowly and get to me just in time to touch my shoulder with its ice cold hand, a hand that once belonged to someone who was once alive.
"WAIT!" I heard someone shout. My conscience took the best of me and clicked the 'open door' button. In walked a lady. I did not know who she was but whoever she was, I was reluctant that she was here, to save me.
Glad to have company, I waved goodbye to my uncle and clicked the 'close door' button. As the door slid close, I saw my reflection. And only my reflection. Wait, but didn't some lady jump into the lift at the last second? I thought to myself.
Shaking, I turn to look at the familiar person beside me. Familiar only because she was the exact woman in the exact scene I had rolled in my head. Except this time, she wasn't on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment